About the course
This highly effective 4-day interactive learning workshop is for those wishing to be trained as a Quality Management System Lead Auditor, and those aiming to achieve Exemplar Global certification as a Lead Auditor Quality Management Systems.
It is ideally suited to those who have to develop, implement, maintain, improve, manage, or audit against ISO 9001, both within their own organisation or on their suppliers.
Our Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor course will leave you ready to hit the ground running.
Upon successful completion you will have qualified for Exemplar Global modules AU (auditing), TL (team leader) and QM (quality management).
With the 2015 revision of ISO 9001 now released, it is a great time to learn how to implement the new approaches ahead of your next audit, or in anticipation of transitioning to your new risk-based system.
Book you course with AOQ with confidence and you receive;
- A free licensed copy of the Standard ISO 9001:2015 Quality management systems – Requirements
- All Learning materials and refreshments provided.
- Internationally recognised courses.
- Trainers are practising audit professionals.
- No homework.
- Certificates are issued promptly upon course completion.
- We never cancel a course.
After successful completion of this very popular and practical course, you will have a thorough understanding of:
- The principles and procedures of auditing
- Auditor roles and responsibilities
- The benefits of a risk-based audit programme
- How to plan an effective audit
- Resource allocation
- Interpersonal skills and personal behaviours of an auditor
- How to conduct effective opening and closing meetings
- Preparing and distributing an audit report
- New risk-based thinking and its application to modern management systems
- The process approach and its benefits to business
- The integration of the customer into organisational processes
ModuleThe course is divided into two flexible modules, enabling you to attend both modules in the one week, or spread across different sessions. The first 2-day module is equivalent to our ‘Becoming a Skilled Lead Internal/External Auditor’ course, where you will learn to conduct a management systems audit. The remaining module covers the requirements of Quality management system.
MondayManagement Systems Auditing – preparation
- What is auditing?
- Roles and responsibilities of an auditor and an audit team leader
- The 6 principles of auditing from ISO 19011
- Effective audit planning and timetabling
- Communication skills, interview techniques, and useful questioning methods
- Setting appropriate audit objectives, scope, and criteria
- Developing audit checklists
TuesdayManagement Systems Auditing – the audit
- Conducting an opening meeting
- Identifying objective evidence and taking good notes
- Reviewing auditing scenarios
- Writing audit findings including nonconformities and non-compliances
- Presenting a closing meeting
- Compiling a meaningful audit report
WednesdayManagement systems – what are they?
- History of ISO and the high-level structure
- Organizational context – external and internal
- Customers, workers, the community, and shareholders
- Risk-based thinking, the process approach
- Modern management systems
- Prioritising the customer
- Process approach and its application
- Risk-based quality
- Requirements of ISO 9001:2015
- Auditing against ISO 9001:2015
- Review of Quality Management System requirements
- QMS audit scenarios
- Writing up findings
- Course review
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate of Attainment which identifies the following 3 Exemplar Global competencies:
- Exemplar Global AU – Management systems auditing
- Exemplar Global TL – Leading management systems audit teams
- Exemplar Global QM – Quality management systems
This course has the equivalent of 32 Professional Development (PD) points
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Prior experience in auditing and quality management systems is not required.
Throughout the course, you will complete a series of workshops which form the bulk of the assessment. A short multiple-choice exam at the completion of each module confirms the knowledge and understanding gained. You will receive continual assistance and feedback from the trainer.
No homework or take-home assessment.
Designed to cater to people involved in auditing, system development or system maintenance, you should attend if you:
- want to become a QMS internal auditor
- want to become a 3rd party QMS auditor
- need to write and implement a QMS
- are involved in the Quality management processes
- are a manager responsible for your QMS and QMS auditing
- wish to consolidate your existing knowledge into a formal qualification
Prior experience in auditing and management systems is not required.
Where to from here?
This 4.5 -day course is one of our 3 specific management system courses, including Quality, Environmental, and OHS systems respectively.
At the completion of this course you may wish to increase your qualifications by adding one or more of these second modules and be able to register as a
- Quality Management Systems Auditor
- Occupational Health and Safety Auditor.
These additional Module/s can be attended during the same week of training as this course or separately as desired.
The additional module for Food Safety Management Systems (CODEX, HACCP and ISO 22000) may be attended separately.
To become a registered third-party, or external auditor with Exemplar Global, completing this course is the first step. Once you have obtained the relevant Exemplar Global schemes, you can follow either a qualification based or competency based certification path.
For a full explanation of the requirements to become certified, click on http://exemplarglobal.org/ or contact us for more information.
AOQ offers an easy, streamlined enrolment process – you can either enrol directly on this website, Book Now
call us on 1300 728 260 to enrol over the phone and request an invoice.
Price: $2,650 (incl gst) per attendee.
Discounts for multiple attendees are available - call us on 1300 728 260.
How to pay
We offer a variety of payment methods:
- On line via our Checkout
- Direct debit
Phone us for an invoice.
Our regular public courses are conducted in all capital cities and key regional centres in Australia and New Zealand. You will enjoy an excellent learning experience in a premium training venue, and:
- Class sizes are kept to manageable numbers – so everybody learns
- No homework! All work is completed in course time – we know you’re busy
- No major exam – we assess you as you go
Our public training courses are valuable opportunities for professional development and networking. They are also the perfect way to convert your current experience into formal qualifications for either career advancement or a complete career change.
Our Trainers are practising auditors and experts in their field. They deliver practical and real world auditing experiences.
In-house training can provide a cost-effective training solution for organisations with a number of staff who require training. We can also customise a course to suit your own individual needs, and include your own audit documentation.
Call us on 1300 728 260 for a quote and to discuss your individual training needs.
Training Course Locations...
Queen Street Brisbane
Watermans Quay, Sydney
Riverside Quay Southbank, Melbourne
Franklin Street, Adelaide
St Georges Tce, Perth
Sydney Av, Canberra
Darwin Waterfront, Darwin
Queen St, Auckland NZ